BECKETT’S VAPOR PHASE CORROSION EMITTER PADS
(See HERE to purchase)
BECKETTS CC 50 Corrosion Control Emitters offers Vapour Phase Corrosion Inhibitor (VPCI)
protection for use in enclosures that are closed or sealed. They will protect metal components stored in the enclosures from corrosion, rusting or oxidation. The VPCI’s are of the type used by military and major industries.
These pads do not have a dessicant affect where the air is unaturally dried which can cause many materilals to be badly affected.
Vapor Phase Corrosion Inhibitors are chemical compounds that have a particular vapor pressure
that allows the molecules to vaporize at normal temperatures and the molecules condense onto metal surfaces forming an ionic film. The chemical compounds are selected for their corrosion-inhibiting properties and the molecular layer formed on the metal surfaces provides a very effective barrier for corrosion. In an enclosed space the vapors spread until equilibrium is reached.
Another advantage of this corrosion protection is that metal parts can be handled at any time during the protection stage and after, unlike the use of corrosion protection by oil coatings.
The VPCI chemicals used are non hazardous, environmentally friendly and non-flammable.
The enclosed areas can be made of plastic or metal and should be sealable, so as to keep the Vapors inside the enclosures. Keeping the structure closed will prolong the life of the emitters.
Becketts CC 50 is suitable for approximately 5 Cu Feet or 140 Litre (0.140 Cu M) for 12 months.
Method of Application
- Mark the date of fitment onto the emitter.
- Ensure the surface where Emitter will be attached is clean and free from oil or greases.
- Peel off the blue strip under the emitter and attach to the clean surface.
Some of the advantages of using Becketts CC 50 in Gun Safes, Cabinets, Storage of Metal Collectible, Tool Boxes, Fishing Tackle Boxes, Musical Instrument Cases, Boat Compartments or any enclosed structure are:
- Non-toxic and safe to handle.
- Quick and easy to install
- Provides long term protection.
- Very effective in hot humid and polluted conditions
- Clean and unobtrusive coating.
- Very low VOC values
- Economical and very compact.
- Do not contain silicon, nitrites or phosphates
- No spraying or dipping